How To Train
Swing Advantage Training System - 3 Phase Workout Plan
PHASE 1 (Red Band).
We recommend you begin by using the Red band for a minimum of 5 training sessions. After properly stretching (as you would before beginning any golf exercise), follow these instructions to align your golf swing and improve your fitness.
- Securely attach Swing Advantage to your leg and golf club.
- Take a backswing and hold static for a 5 count. You should feel your muscles engaging with one another, synchronizing to create the perfect swing plane (back, core, thighs).
- Press swing forward to follow through position and hold static for a 5 count.
- Take a backswing and hold static for a 10 count. Focus on contraction to core and gluts this will stabilize your posture.
- Press swing forward to follow through position and hold static for a 10 count.
- Take a backswing and hold static for a 1 count.
- Press swing forward to follow through position and hold static for a 1 count.
- Take 10 full swings to simulate hitting a golf ball (although you don't actually hit a ball).
- Remove band from club and hit 5 shots with a ball.
- Attach band to club and hit 10 shots with a ball.
- Remove unit from club and body.
- Workout complete.
Over a brief period of time, you will start to build dynamic strength to the body and the Red band will start to feel less resistant. Gradually increase the rep counts until you climb to 30 reps on each club without feeling fatigue and any sense of impediment on your follow through. This will tell you it's time to progress to Phase 2.
PHASE 2 (Blue Band).
The Blue Band carries greater resistance. Therefore we recommend reducing your repetition count back down to 10 and then repeat as you did in Phase 1. In order to reach Phase 3, you will need to be able to execute 30 repetitions with the Blue band without feeling fatigue (and not impeding your follow through).
PHASE 3 (Black Band).
Repeat the same training process as in Phases 1 and 2. If you have reached the point where you can do 30 repetitions using the Black band without feeling fatigue, then Congratulations! You have achieved ULTIMATE DYNAMIC STRENGTH CONDITIONING by SWING ADVANTAGE...and your game will have been improved forever!
"Resistance training with Swing Advantage can really improve your game. I have found Swing Advantage to be a powerful strength training tool that delivers greater muscle strength and endurance. It also provides dynamic flexibility of the core muscle groups engaged in the optimal golf swing."
- Eric Cohn, Head Strength and Conditioning Coach